10 Statistics That Show the Power of Apps
The rise of the smartphone has been largely powered by the influence that mobile apps are now having on the ways in which we work and play.
The rise of the smartphone has been largely powered by the influence that mobile apps are now having on the ways in which we work and play. There are apps for every purpose, from games across the spectrum of fun to apps with a hard hitting business application.
Mobile apps are going from strength-to-strength in 2015, with their applications growing from both a business and personal perspective.
To highlight the power of mobile apps we have combed the web for the latest statistics around the growth of mobile apps and related industries:
- More people access the internet using mobile devices than desktops
- There are predicted to be 172bn app downloads in 2015
- There have been more than 100bn app downloads from the Apple App store
- Mobile app revenues are expected to top $77bn in 2017
- App usage increase of 21% from 2014-2015
- 1 in 5 people in the world own a smartphone
- 25% of smartphone owners aged 18-44 can’t remember the last time their phone wasn’t next to them
- There are 224 million monthly active app users in the US
- 85% of people prefer native mobile apps to websites
- Total mobile engagement on social has grown 55% in the past year
These stats show that the appetite for mobile apps is rising as the world becomes more and more digitally and mobile focused. Although the solution for every business may not be to build an app, businesses should be giving serious thought to the role that apps could play in their business.
Apps and mobile technology are not just the domain of large companies: to compete, businesses of all sizes should be looking at how mobile apps can solve problems within their business. Be that how to generate more customers, retain old ones or improve the customer experience.
Wherever your business is heading, make sure you consider the role an app could play in your business.
Digital marketing and tech specialist Anoop is a well-known figure in the Harrow and North London community. Currently the Operations Director for Aspiring Panda, the company uses cloud and development expertise to solve some of the toughest business challenges – which has recently included consulting with East African nations to provide sustainable farming.
/ Related Content